Greens and Ancient Grains Salad
Salad, Side Dish
- 1 med orange peeled and sectioned,
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped fine
- 2 or more cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp spicy brown mustard
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 cups baby Arugula triple washed
- 2 cups baby spinach triple washed
- 2 cups baby Kale triple washed
- 1 cup quinoa prepared
- 18 pecan halves roasted
For the dressing:
In a large salad bowl combine orange segments, red onion, minced garlic cloves, brown mustard, olive oil, rice wine vinegar, salt, pepper, and turmeric, blend to combine.
Add Quinoa, salad greens, and pecans.
Toss and serve.
To prepare quinoa"
Add two cups of water to a sauce pan with a tight fitting lid and bring to a rolling boil.
Add one cup of dry quinoa that has been rinsed to water and stir.
Put lid on and reduce heat to low and simmer quinoa for 12 minutes.
Remove from heat and fluff with fork.
Profile Friendly Salad, Profile Salad Ideas, Profile Salads