Dark Chocolate and Coffee Crinkles
Check out this Profile-Friendly chocolate dessert recipe. Dark chocolate with greek yogurt and all kinds of healthy goodies.
- Electric Mixer
- Cookie Sheet
- Shallow bowl
- 1 1/3 cup of brown sugar substitute blend for baking
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of egg substitute or 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup white-whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 2 tsp instant espresso or coffee granules
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Beat brown sugar blend and oil in a medium bowl with electric mixer. Mix in fat-free yogurt, egg, and vanilla. Set aside.
Mix flour, cocoa, espresso, baking soda, salt and pepper in another medium bowl.
Add flour mixture to brown sugar mixture; mix well. Refrigerate dough until firm, 3-4 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour powdered sugar into a shallow bowl. Set aside. Cut dough into one-inch pieces; roll into balls. Roll balls in powdered sugar.
Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 10-12 minutes or until tops of cookies are firm to touch. Do not over bake. Cool on wire rack.
Desserts for Weight Loss, Profile Dessert, Profile-Friendly, Profile-Friendly Chocolate