Roasted Vegetable Soup
Created by Profile member, Patricia Gill, this fragrant, robust soup helps you fall into the seasons.
- Stock pot or large soup pot
- Immersion blender
- 2 medium summer squash, cubed
- 2 medium zucchini squash, cubed
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 bell peppers (yellow, red, orange), diced
- 2 scallion bulbs, chopped
- 48 oz fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread vegetables onto a cookie sheet that has been prepared with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roast vegetables in oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from oven and set aside.
- In a stock pot or large soup pot, add 1/2 cup chicken broth and 1/3 of the roasted vegetables and blend with an immersion blender.
- Add remaining vegetables and chicken broth and heat over medium-high heat for an additional 10 minutes.
Profile Exchange: 1 cup vegetables, 1 flex food