Chicken Parm with Spaghetti Squash & Roasted Tomatoes
Lose weight via nutrition, activity & coaching developed by physicians at Sanford Health. Find your weight loss plan at Profile by Sanford today!
- 1 lb. chicken breasts tenderloins
- 1 medium size spaghetti squash
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- 3 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Profile Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor or blender, combine tomatoes, salt, garlic powder, pepper and oregano. Puree until smooth.
- Place chicken in crock pot and top with tomato puree.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and place cut side up on top of chicken.
- Drizzle squash with olive oil.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours until squash is tender and chicken cooked through.
- Remove squash and use fork to pull squash into spaghetti like strands.
- Place chicken on foil lined pan and top each piece with mozzarella cheese.
- Cut grape tomatoes in half and toss with Profile Balsamic Vinaigrette, basil and salt and pepper.
- Place on pan with chicken and broil both until cheese is hot and bubbly (around 5-10 minutes).
- Serve squash topped with chicken and tomatoes and extra sauce if desired.
Profile Exchange: 4oz very lean protein, 2 cups vegetables