Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
Recipe submitted by Gloria Nance, Certified Profile Coach – Mankato, MN Winter is slow-cooker season and Profile is excited to celebrate National Slow-Cooker Month by releasing our favorite Crock-Pot dishes throughout January. So prep your food, set it and forget it with amazing recipes from Profile!
- 12 ounces of chicken breast sliced
- 2 packages of Profile chili
- 1 red orange and green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 large red onion halved and sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic minced*
- 2 teaspoons of fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Canola oil in oil mister
- Optional garnishes: chopped fresh cilantro with chopped avocado or Greek yogurt.
Turn slow cooker to high. Spray lightly with canola oil.
Turn slow cooker to low, and add all other ingredients in order listed above. Stir well. **
Cook for 4-8 hours, until veggies reach desired texture and internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees.
*If using pre-minced garlic, use 2-3 teaspoons.
Profile Exchange: 4 ounces of Very Lean Protein, 1 Flex Food and approximately 1/2 cup of veggies
Low Carb Slow Cooker, Profile Slow Cooker, Slow-Cooker